Thursday, June 5, 2008

Down the Memory lane


Yesterday I got a cool link from a friend (www.surfthechannel.com) which had most of the cool tv shows n movies.Very surprisingly I found the first movie I got to wtch at British Coucil Young Learners "The Princess Bride".It took me down the memory lane to 8 years back.I was sooooo scared at the thought of going to British Council but mom really wanted to send me there coz she wasn't satisfied with Wendy Whatmore n IWMS.
The first day I was feeling terrible coz I'm no good when it comes to making new friends easily n I thought the people will be different n felt I'm gonna be alone there.But to my luck I found an older girl from St:Bridgets' Convent whose name I don't remember n was a bit relieved.Our teacher was called Jackie; " a superb lady" I wul call her without hesitation.First she made us get into a circle n talk about ourselves.To my utmost horror I felt my mouth drying n felt shivering coz I felt I have forgotten everythin about myself.The speeches were going on and it came to a guy who looked totally cool n crazy n all.To me n my friends' utmost surprise he started with his name n stuff then came to "My favorite" part which is an unforgettable part in a kids' speech n he said his favourite author is "Oscar Wilde"n favourite book is "Happy Prince" which were one of my favourites but tht guy was older than me n how can a fairy tale possibly be a favourite book of a grade 9 guy?Even Jackie showed that she was surprised well no wonder for us to feel like that with the appearance of the person.But I was relieved hearing that coz I felt those ppl were not at all bad n not very different from me n I was never afraid to go there no matter how many speeches I had to give n it became like my second home.One thing I realized was how much we grow up our the exposure we had in our childhood plays a major part in our day to day life determining how we respond to paricilar events n our perspective towards life.
Well talking about Princess Bride we had to watch part of it daily n the days' activities were based on that.It had love,magic,horror,fights,crime n everything n I really enjoyed it in 2000 but I'm sure I can enjoy it like the same way I enjoyed it 8 years back coz there are so many memories attached to it.We played games, acted like pirates,had group work n contests n OMG it was soo fun.Wish I can go back 8 years n go to Jackie's class.Miss u British Council n miss u Jackie n all my friends there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah BC is a damn cool plz to be. :)