Sunday, June 22, 2008

Today while readin the news paper I came across a very interestin article, the tale behind the beautiful toy, Barbie Doll or her full name goes as Barbie Millicent Roberts was invented in 1959 by Ruth Handler whose own daughter was called Barbara.Barbie was introduced to the world in an American toy fair in New York city n was intended to be a fashion doll.The Ken,Barbie's boyfriend was named after Ruth's son.Barbie has almost 80 proessions,everrythin from a rock star to a presidential candidate.Some of the other professions r the military series of Barbie dolls army, Air Force,Navy and Marine corps a medical sergent enlisted in desert storm and a Barbie who goes to college as well.
The Barbie Doll has invaded the hearts of people of all age that there r so many movies buils on Barbie.One to mention is the movie, Barbie which is a story about a Barbie Doll comin alive by a spell.My gratitude goes to Art tv for telecastin such an amazin n touchin movie.Well talkin about toys I had a lot of toys includin Barbies whom I used to operate when I played doc's role with my granpa.Most of my dolls were operated or experimented by me coz I tried to break them into parts n rebuild them.Most of the time it ended in failure n I used to prefer buildin blocks, coz I could build anythin as high as I want n smash them n rebuild them.But when I came to grade 4 my favourite was the telescope n I used to watch the sky n identify stars.But the most memorable one is the Lumala which was promised for becomin class first in grade 3 n which was bouht after my scol exam was over coz mom thought it would distract my studies but still love rememberin how I practiced it fallin,gettin up,ridin,n again fallin without going two meters. lol lol ok I guess this turned out to be kind of borin.So HAPPY TOYS DAY EVERYONE.

No comments: